A self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) is an excellent way of taking control of your superannuation investment enabling you to make decisions on how you will invest your money. By taking control of your superannuation you can invest in:
- Property, many of our clients are currently using their SMSF to acquire the property they run their business from.
When you manage your own fund it is important you get it right. There are many rules and regulations in the various laws governing superannuation that are designed to protect your retirement income. As a trustee of the fund, you need to adhere to the rules and know that you are ultimately responsible for the running of the fund.
At BK Partners we provide advice to support you and help you to comply with the rules and regulations.
Why set up a Self Managed Super Fund?
- Greater control of your finances and investments
- More investment options - you can choose where & when to invest
- Significant tax benefits
- Peace of mind knowing you have control of your investments and have advice on hand
What do you need to set up a Super Fund?
- A substantial amount of money to justify the set-up and annual running costs, generally at least $100,000
- You need to allow for ongoing expenses such as accounting, audit and advice
- Time to manage the fund
- Consider insurance options such as Life, Income Protection and Total & Permanent Disability
How is BK Partners able to help you?
- Establish the fund and relevant registrations
- Help manage the rollovers into the fund
- Liaise with your Financial Planner to establish an investment strategy
- Liaise with your lender to organise property finance
- Complete the tax return and financial statements
- Arrange the Superannuation Audit with an independent auditor
- Answer any questions you may have